This 2-hour class is a relaxed and interactive session that offers the best ways to assure a good start to your breastfeeding journey while avoiding common problems, and gives you interaction with other nursing families. Partners and new babies more than welcome and encouraged! The more the merrier for your breast/chestfeeding support team!
In this class we’ll cover:
- Benefits of breastfeeding and common chestfeeding myths
- The difference between colostrum and mature milk
- Getting off to a great start – ensuring a good latch
- Nursing positions for newborns
- Following baby’s lead – watching baby’s cues for satisfaction and hunger
- Troubleshooting supply issues
- Introducing a bottle and paced bottle feeding
Parents will also receive take-home resources to support you in your breastfeeding and/or pumping journey.
(Doula Lyanne) has been active in the birth world for half a decade. As a photographer and trained doula and lactation care provider she provides continuous and non-judgmental support to families in the Milwaukee area to birth, heal, and meet their goals with power, information, and without fear. To find out more about her services and to stay connected, find her at doulalyanne.com and on Instagram @doulalyanne.
The cost is $55 per couple.
This class is welcoming to parents of all orientations, genders, and family structures. One need based scholarship is available per session. To inquire and apply please contact the instructor at DoulaLyanne@gmail.com with the subject “Breastfeeding Beginnings Scholarship”.