Whether you are looking for a natural drug-free birth, or want to explore your options regarding pain medication during labor, we are committed to ensuring that parents are well prepared for labor, delivery, and the postpartum period. Instead of teaching a birthing ‘method,’ we give you and your partner the information and skills to best accomplish the kind of birth experience you desire.
The Comprehensive 8-week Class Series covers a variety of topics including:
- Sound nutrition and physical exercise to enhance low-risk pregnancies and labors;
- Physical and emotional aspects during the various stages of labor;
- Pain management without drugs;
- Birth interventions, alternatives & plans;
- Relaxation, breathing & comfort techniques
- Avoiding or dealing with labor complications;
- Postpartum and baby care; and
- Coping if things don’t go the way you anticipated.
Following the births of all the babies, each class gets together for a reunion to meet the babies and share birth stories.
The classes are held 6:30-9:00 p.m., Wednesdays at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church or Thursdays at Mindful Matters Wellness in Milwaukee.
Upcoming 8-week Sessions are listed below. Click the desired session to register:
- Wednesdays, beginning December 4th.
- Thursdays, beginning January 9th.
- Wednesday, beginning February 5th.
- Thursdays, beginning March 5th.
- Wednesdays, beginning April 8th.
- Thursdays, beginning May 7th.
- Wednesdays, beginning June 3rd.
- Thursdays, beginning July 9th.
- Wednesdays, beginning August 5th.
- Thursdays, beginning September 3rd.
- Wednesdays, beginning October 7th.
- Thursdays, beginning November 5th.
The Condensed 4-week Class Series covers the same topics in an abbreviated fashion for those couples who are not able to attend the more extensive series. (Note: There is not a reunion following this series.)
The classes are held 6:30-9:00 p.m., Tuesdays at Absolute Chiropractic & Wellness in Kenosha.
Upcoming 4-week Sessions are listed below. Click the desired session to register:
- Tuesdays, beginning January 7th.
- Tuesdays, beginning February 4th.
- Tuesdays, beginning March 3rd.
- Tuesdays, beginning April 7th.
- Tuesdays, beginning May 5th.
- Tuesdays, beginning June 2nd.
- Tuesdays, beginning July 7th.
- Tuesdays, beginning August 4th.
- Tuesdays, beginning September 1st.
- Tuesdays, beginning October 6th.
- Tuesdays, beginning November 3rd.
- Tuesdays, beginning December 1st.
Refresher Childbirth Class–for couples who had taken Childbirth Classes for their first pregnancy, this 3-hour class is an ideal way to review the stages of labor, comfort and relaxation techniques. With a first pregnancy, most couples have the flexibility to spend ample time in preparing for the birth. Once there is a toddler in the picture, however, busy couples may find that the refresher class is the first chance that they have had to focus on this pregnancy and birth!
Refresher Childbirth Classes are scheduled upon request.
To information or to register for upcoming classes, contact Coral at Coral@well-roundedmaternity.com or call 262-262-8945 or signup online, click the appropriate links above.